Today’s workout starts with 3 rounds of some core rehab to prime.
10 Diaphragm breaths
10 Straight leg heel taps
10 Bird dogs/side
Rest as needed between sets.
The strength portion of the workout we are doing a 4-minute AMRAP, resting for 3 minutes, then repeating for another 4 minutes.
6 Half kneeling DB press
12 KB/DB swings
Rest 3 minutes and repeat.
Half Kneeling DB Press
• Drop to 1 knee w/ ribs aligned over pelvis
• Bring the weight up to shoulder height
• Inhale and push the weight straight overhead as you exhale
(KB=kettlebell DB=dumbbell, use whichever you have)
• Start by placing feet hip-width apart with the bell roughly a foot in front of you
• Inhale grasping weight and hike it back between your legs
• Exhale & hip hinge to stand - using the power from your hips to drive the weight up